Friday, July 12, 2013

It’s An Epidemic! Women Wearing Athletic Clothes to Brunch

Ok, let’s be honest, we’ve all done it. Well, at least I’ll admit to it. I’ve been lazy enough that once I work out, I do my grocery shopping afterward without showering or changing. Actually, I’ve gotten into my workout clothes, intended to workout, but just ended up wearing my workout clothes to run errands the rest of the day (I got my workout in running around town eventually, right?) However, I’ve also been that person that doesn’t feel like dressing up (here you go peeps, confessions of a fashion stylist!) and I will be that girl that wears my workout gear (yoga pants most often) to brunch on a lazy Sunday morning. You know, I’ve often wondered, “what’s really wrong with that?” and here in LA, I think it’s become more of a fashion trend than a laziness factor. But, if a company like Oakley (sunglasses, that is) is noticing this and moving into the women’s athletic wear space, maybe it’s more of an epidemic than we all thought. Here’s the link to the article that discusses this…

http://www.businessinsider.com/oakley-workout-clothes-for-women-2013-4


What are your thoughts on this new trend?


No comments:

Post a Comment