Friday, February 17, 2012

Favorite Face Masks


      Here are a few of my tried and true face mask favs. Feel free to add to the list!! 

      1.  Lush, Brazened Honey– Rating = 5 (see 2/2/12 post) What isn’t to love about this natural mask that smells just as awesome as it feels?

      2.   Bliss, Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Face Mask – Rating = 5:  Feels fresh and leaves skin feeling supple, not dry in the least.

      3.  Borghese, Fango Mineral-Enriched Active Mud – Rating = 4.5:  I love the consistency of this mask, especially when you put it on; it feels very luxurious. Once you’ve washed it off with a warm washcloth (after it’s dried on your face), your skin will feel soft and hydrated.  It even brightens and tones my skin too a bit.

      4.  Proactiv Solution, Refining Mask – Rating = 3.5:  This is a great spot treatment product but not as an all-over face mask. It’s way too drying.

      5.  Boots No. 7, Advanced Renewal Glycolic Peel Kit – Rating = 3: I don’t really find this as great as everyone makes it out to be, but I wanted to include it on ‘My Favorite Face Masks’ post because it’s been a really popular one and I wanted to address it. I’ve had to play around with the amount I use and the length of time I leave it on my face (they suggest 3-4 pumps and five minutes, but I’ve tried 5-8 pumps + up to 10 minutes and nada). I would have gone down another half a point if it didn’t have so much ‘good stuff’ for my skin, so for now, I’m going to pretend that it helps even just a bit, since I really do love this brand and they usually have really well-formulated products. I don’t use it that often either, so maybe that’s another reason it doesn’t work so well for me.

      6.  Soap & Glory, Scrub Your Nose In It – Rating = N/A (I haven’t tried it yet). I’m adding it to this list in case anyone else wants to try it before me (I’m going to Sephora to get it). I heard about this from another beauty blogger who swears by it.  Apparently it doubles as a face mask and scrub.  I looked up the ratings and it has a cult following. I will let you know how it goes!

Next post will be about all-natural DIY face masks…stay tuned! I have some good old-fashioned family secrets to dish out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment