Wednesday, February 8, 2012

To Headpiece or Not to Headpiece?

Now, as most of you know, I’m bout to get married (well, in 6 months)! For the life of me, I can’t decide whether or not to wear a hairpiece. Here’s the deal – I hate tiaras – with a passion. I think they look silly and make women look like little girls on a day when they are transitioning into a new phase of their womanhood. I do however, love, love, love sparkly, glamorous headpieces.  I really want to wear one and I found this amazing piece online by an Austrailian designer, Johanna Johnson: take a look at the pictures. One is a picture from the magazine, the other is in ‘real’ lighting on a ‘regular’ woman – and it looks super cheap.  



Details of my look:

Here is what my dress looks like: (no pics in case Shahin comes across this post :) Mermaid silhouette, sweetheart neckline, rouching all the way down. Hair: in a soft updo, and will put my hair down (long and wavy) for the reception. I plan on wearing long, dangly earrings, and a cuff bracelet. The only issue is that I want to wear a headpiece during the ceremony and/or the reception. But, from pictures I’ve seen of brides with hairpieces, they look…meh. It either looks too ‘sweet’ (I’m going for sultry) or it just looks like they’re trying too hard (i.e., they are tiara-esque). Even smaller hair combs seem to be too conservative-looking. I need others’ opinions on this, because I’m not yet convinced one way or another.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  (Here’s what I mean when I talk about sultry v. sweet (Eva v. Charlize, respectively)):









No comments:

Post a Comment